Help us! Don't block ads to help us.
Convert Images, Text, PDF and audio to base64
This tools provides you a quick way to generate Base64 encoded images that you can embed on your Html using <img> tags or Css. This tool supports most common image formats. We take privacy very serious so all the images are not uploaded to our servers, the conversion is made directly on your browser.
Choose what you want to do!!
ToBase64.dev is a project that comes to bring developers the ability to convert text and images to base64 in a quick and easy way. Me, the creator, as a developer was used to convert images to base64 on different projects, so, why not create a tool for everyone?
Base64 encoding schemes are used when there is a need to transfer or store binary data through a textual channel. With this kind of conversion, the data remains as it is, without any change during the transport. Base64 is used commonly used on email via MIME and to store complex data in XML. Nowadays, it is commonly used to store images on databases and to use it on HTML5 and Css3 so the pages loads faster.
All communications with out servers are made through secure SSL encrypted connections (HTTPS protocol). Me, the developer, as a computer engineer loves to have the control of all the things that are happening, for this, i created a web page that can convert your image directly on your computer, we don't upload your images to our servers. The lower we upload to our servers the better you are protected.
ToBase64.dev is the easiest platform you will see,you just have to select what you want to do.
- If you select Image to base64, just pick one image from your computer and tobase64.dev will start converting it into base64 on the right side of the page. Here it will appear 3 codes:
- The raw base64
- The base64 string to use on a src inside the <img> tag.
- The base64 string to use on a css file
- If you select Base64 to image. Copy the text on the left box and click on the arrow to start the conversion, you will be able to download the image on the button download! once it has finished the conversion
- If you select the Encode Text to base64 option, it will allow you to convert any text to base64 just write it on the left side and click the arrow. The encoded text will appear on the right side
- If you select the decode base64 to text option, it will allow you to convert any base64 string into a human readable string. Just copy your encoded string on the left side, click on the arrow and you will have the decoded text on the right side.
Tobase64.dev is a free to use tool. You can use this tool so you don't need to download any tool to do it. We keep our services running thanks to non-invasive ads, so please do not use advertising blockers on our website